Recycling and composting correctly are great ways that you can help the environment, but sometimes it’s hard to know what goes where and how to do it right. That’s why we created the Recycle Right Guide (below), to help you understand some of the problems we face and how you can help us make a postive impact.
Here are just a few things covered in the Guide:
- The Price Tag of Recycling Wrong — The high cost of contamination
- How to Recycle Right — Everyone has a part to play in keeping garbage out of recycling and compost carts
- Plastics Back to the Basics — The do’s and dont’s of recycling platic
- Make it a Habit — Students learn how small and simple actions can save the earth
- Out of the Landfill and Onto the Land — Composting food scraps is good for the earth in more ways than one
- Top Ways to Recycle Cleanly and Correctly
You may download the guide here, or view it below.
This guide was produced by Mill Valley Refuse Service, Marin Hazardous and Solid Waste Joint Powers Authority, Sonoma County Waste Management Agency, WM EarthCare, Marin Sanitary Service, Recology Sonoma Marin, and Bay Cities Refuse. The special section ran May 9, 2018 in the Pacific Sun and the North Bay Bohemian and May 10, 2018 in the Marin IJ and Press Democrat.