Important Service Announcement from MVRS
The health and well-being of our employees, customers and community is a priority for Mill Valley Refuse Service during these challenging times.
We hope that this email finds you well.
Collection Service Continues
Our garbage, recycling and compost collection service will continue to operate as an essential service in our communities.
Please put your carts out as usual on your regularly-scheduled collection day.
We are experiences higher than usual call volumes and our support staff is working diligently in stressful circumstances, as we are sure you understand. We appreciate your patience and ask that for non-urgent matters, you email us at the address below.
Please note that our San Rafael office is closed for in-person payments.
Office phone hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Not sure how to properly dispose of something? Use our What Goes Where online tool to find out if a material can be reused, recycled, composted, or disposed of in your trash.
- If you have any extra garbage that does not fit inside your regular Garbage Cart, please call our office at (415) 457-9760 to schedule an extra pickup. Additional fees apply.
- Disinfectant or sanitizing wipes go in your Trash Cart. Do not flush.
- Soiled facial tissue goes in your Trash Cart.
- All food scraps and food-soiled paper go in your Compost Cart.
- Empty plastic household cleaning bottles and pressurized aerosol cans may be recycled in your Container Cart.
- Please breakdown cardboard and paperboard boxes for recycling. Your Paper Cart lid must be able to close. Extra cardboard that doesn’t fit in your cart can be packed in 2’x2’x2’ bundles or smaller and tied with string (no plastic tape) and left next to your cart for pick-up.
- When is your dual-stream recycling pick-up day? View the schedule.
Portable Toilets & Sink Rentals
We are offering limited portable toilet and sink rental service at this time. Essential service providers receive priority on our all rental units.